Monday, September 24, 2012

Funky funk.

Today is one of those days that I'm feeling in some kind of heavy funk for absolutely no reason whatsoever.  I'm not sure what it is, but I just have little motivation to do anything and I feel discouraged about everything. That probably means that I need more Lexapro or something.  My taking of it once every 4-5 days is probably not being very effective.

Still waiting to sign our contract for the house on Appleton; apparently it's held up at the seller who can't figure out how to do an online contract.  Technology is difficult and sometimes slower than doing things the traditional paper way.  Of course, while waiting, I find a house in the uptown neighborhood of SD (my favorite) that is cheap and looks adorable.  I'm kind of annoyed at how I can't fucking make up my mind about what my priorities are on buying a house.  I think the problem is that I don't really care for any areas in San Diego that aren't in the uptown neighborhoods (Hillcrest, University Heights, Mission Hills, North Park, Normal Heights, Kensington, South Park).  So I feel like this decision is so very 'final' and that scares the shit out of me.  What if we're miserable?  Luke seems to think all will be well as long as we have a pool in the backyard, but I'm not as convinced.  Don't get me wrong, I like the house on Appleton a lot...I just wish it wasn't in such a boring neighborhood.  I don't know whether I'd rather be in a rad walkable neighborhood with little space to call our own yet things to do surrounding me, or in a large house with less charm in a generic neighborhood.  These are decisions I didn't anticipate having to make any time soon, because we'd always just rent a house in the neighborhood we want to live in.




No comments:

Post a Comment