Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sweltering

Today we went and checked out another set of four houses, and we found ourselves falling in love with another one.  We already have an offer on a house with a pool that is way under our budget and also in need of some love, but this one we found today fits squarely within our price range and is just a way better purchase for us.  I'm really hating the idea of losing this one, which means that if/when we do, I'm going to be devastated.  For someone who is an impulse purchaser like myself, this whole home buying thing really blows.

The one with the kidney shaped pool, obvi.

The house is an older home (50's) with a huge pool in the backyard.  It has a lot of space (over 1500 square feet) and has one of the coolest bonus rooms we've ever seen.  We have all sorts of ideas forming for DIY ideas and that is a recipe for disaster when we haven't signed our offer on the place yet.

The weather here has been hot as balls the last couple of days.  Like, record setting heat.  It's not okay.  I'm grateful for having window A/C units in two of ours rooms so that I can get some reprieve from the heat and not suffer too much.  I haven't ridden my horse all week long because of a combination of being busy as hell along with the scorching weather.  Tomorrow, we're going to Disneyland and it's going to be 90 degrees in Anaheim.  I am sort of dreading it, but also very excited because it's Luke's first trip there.

My friend Isaac is in town from San Francisco, and since he's in my top 5 favorite people in the world, we've had such a blast.  We've been clubbing the last two nights at the local gay bars, eaten some great food, had our own little Robyn dance party at our friend's apartment last night, and just generally bonded even more.  He told me last night that one of his favorite things about me is how confident I am and how comfortable I am in my own skin.  I was floored by his comment, but Luke validated the statement and agreed with him today.  It's taken me awhile to learn to just not give a fuck, but I'm happy that I'm there.  There is something about being secure in a relationship and really comfortable with where I am in my career that makes life pretty damn awesome.  There isn't anything I'd change right now.  And though I could stand to lose some weight, it doesn't get me down.  I'm comfortable with who I am, but not cocky.  When giving relationship advice to friends I've always said that I feel being comfortable and confident is the best way to make yourself attractive to potential partners.  It's worked for me anyway -- I've snagged myself a good one! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment