Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A new blog for me.

Lately, I've felt inspired to actually talk about my life.  Yes, I realize that not everyone wants to read about it.  And you know, I'm not one to think that I have some totally awesome life that needs to be shared with the world.  And no, I don't care if it seems like an online diary.  I need to get beyond this 140-character nation of status updates and fake reality, and really start blogging about what I want to talk about.  I need to not give a fuck who reads it, and just enjoy speaking my mind like I used to.

I owe this sudden resurgence to Ivonne over at Beans & Ink.  She is this uber-creative, uber interesting person who just blogs about whatever is going on in her life.  I love how she just speaks her mind, showing who she is regardless of who might be reading it.  I love having a glimpse into someone's real life, instead of stupid Facebook status updates where people only share things they want to brag about or heartaches and catastrophes.  Life isn't so up and down.  Sometimes we just LIVE. 

So that's what's going on here.  I'm just living.  Sometimes I may have interesting things to say about politics, feminism, pop culture, tech, media, animals, or whatever.  Other days I might just tell you what I ate for lunch and show you a picture.  I might just share tidbits about my day.  I might just send you links to things I find interesting.  But I need a place to write for me.  That's what I'm doing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment