Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I left my heart in San Diego....

I'm up in the SoMa area of San Francisco for the week, as I am for a week out of every month.  My company's office is located up here, so I come up to get things done and remind them that I exist.  It's nice to get to see my coworkers, and to hang out with friends who live up here.  However, it's pretty hard on my relationship to be away for a week.  Plus I have two dogs and a horse that I miss like crazy when I'm gone.  So, I'm a bit mixed on the whole frequent travel thing.

There are some advantages though.  Such as this beautiful view in our regular outdoor lunch spot.

This is apparently Mission Bay, but not be confused with the Mission Bay down in San Diego.  Curiously, there is an old sailboat anchored in the middle of this 'channel'.  I asked about it, and I guess it's been there for weeks.  Apparently, you can anchor a boat wherever you want in the water in SF, as long as you're not in the way of a major thoroughfare.  I thought this was interesting, since I know in San Diego people pay a shitload to dock their boats.  But I guess this isn't technically docking, so who knows.

It is neat to see the train cars though. I call them "San Francisco Treats".


Two more days until I go home.  Tonight I'm treating myself to a foot, head, and hand massage at a place in Chinatown.  I need some R&R.

No comments:

Post a Comment